2009 Kawasaki Kxf
2009 Kawasaki kx250f monster edition clean bike, has rekluse clutch, just fully serviced and ready to go, FINANCING is available for qualified BUYERS
All-new Engine higher performing and more durable
- Higher performing and more durable
- 249cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve, DOHC engine delivers hard-hitting power from mid- to high-rpm
- Engine oil capacity decreased from 1.5L on previous model to 1.3L, reducing overall weight and mechanical losses
New Top End
- New cylinder head has revised intake ports for improved performance at all rpm, especially in the high-rpm range
- Special coating applied to the intake port cores during the casting process gives the intake ports extremely smooth surfaces and increased intake efficiency across the rev range
- Head gasket now silicon coated for improved sealing
- New cam chain tensioner spring reduces mechanical loss by approximately 30 percent
New Intake and Exhaust Valves
- Formed from a new, highly rigid, titanium material, the lightweight 31mm intake and 25mm exhaust valves reduce reciprocating weight and offer greater high-rpm reliability
- Ultra-strong valves have extremely thin valve stems on par with those found in supersport machines with the intake valves featuring 0.25mm thicker heads for increased strength
New Titanium Exhaust Pipe
- - Tapered, expanding from approximately 35 to 45mm for better throttle response and performance at all rpm - New silencer body shape to meet 99dB AMA noise regulations
New Crankshaft Balance
- A revised crank web significantly increases the crankshaft balance efficiency; it's now on par with the factory racers
- Results in reduced engine vibration, smoother power delivery and increased performance in the mid-high rpm range
- New 6.4mm wider radiators have a 6 percent larger capacity than previous model
- Very slim, high-capacity Denso radiators feature tightly packed cores and a fin design deliver superior cooling efficiency for excellent heat dispersion
- Radiator louvers increased from three to four and decreased in size and angle for less overlap and higher air flow
- Revised cylinder head water jacket routes coolant via the front of the cylinder head for a more even cooling performance
- Ratchet drive shift mechanism replaces the previous models gear driven system for improved shift feel and durability
- Improved feel at the clutch lever by integrating the clutch cable holder with the crankcase
- Increasing the interval between gear shafts 1 mm further allows stronger gears to be used
- KX450F type crankcase oil filter added
- Relocated scavenge oil filter screen (with new shape) can be accessed without splitting the crankcases, facilitating easier maintenance
- New clutch and generator covers for increased rigidity and better crash survivability
New Aluminum Perimeter Frame
- Frame has a new 6 mm slimmer overall width main spars shape
- narrowing near the bend below the seat for a riding position, then widening at the ankles to offer better grip
- Newly designed main, lower and gusset pieces around the fuel tank with revised cross sections
- Rigidity increased by moving upper engine mounts to sides of the head cover
- New design is 2.2 lbs lighter than previous model
- Weight savings and rigidity balance aided by down tube with a smaller cast bracket that's now formed via a swaging (squeezing and hammering) process
- Swingarm pivot is located higher in the frame for improved rear wheel traction
- Sub-frame is 1.3 pounds lighter via larger diameter tubing with thinner walls, yet still provides a secure mounting for the new silencer
New Aluminum Swingarm
- New tapered “D” shaped cross section design is 5mm taller at the front (up from 74 to 79mm) and 2 mm shorter at the rear (down from 60 to 58mm)
- Features a new cross bracket design
- Provides a 0.9 lbs weight savings over the previous model
- Alloy swingarm uses a cast front section, tapered hydroformed spars and forged chain adjusters
- Uni-Trak® rear suspension system mounts the suspension arm below the swingarm, allowing a longer rear suspension stroke and more precise tuning
- Design improves stability, rigidity and rear wheel traction
New Front Fork
- Showa twin-chamber fork keeps oil and air in separate chambers for stable damping performance during long motos
- Super-hard titanium coating on the outer surface of the inner fork tubes reduces stiction and improves suspension action. The increased surface hardness of the dark navy blue coating also helps prevent scratches and damage to the tubes
- Friction-reducing Kashima Coat on the inside of the outer fork tubes contributes to smoother suspension action, especially during the initial part of the stroke
- Ideal rigidity balance via increased rigidity in the reshaped upper triple clamp and decreased rigidity of the outer fork tubes
- Offset decreased from 24.5mm to 23.5mm, which combined with the frame's revised rigidity balance and revised suspension settings, helps produce lighter handling
- Enlarged, wrap around black fork tube guards provide greater protection for the inner tubes
- Revised race-oriented suspension settings offer all-around performance improvement
New Rear Shock
- New Showa rear shock features a revised layout and revised damping characteristics for improved performance
- Better response and improved feeling, even when fully-bottomed
- Features Kashima Coat on the tank cylinder for reduced friction and smoother suspension action
- Rear shock features dual compression adjustability, allowing high-speed and low-speed damping to be tuned separately
- Easier accessibility for tuning
New Skid Plate
- Resin material offers greater protection without a weight increase
New Chain Guide
- More slim and compact, down from 42.7 to 34mm wide, with 2mm thicker wear pad
- Reduced weight and longer wear
Improved Rider Interface and Styling
- Foot peg width (front to rear) increased from 46mm on previous model to 50mm for improved feel
- All-new body work and graphics
- Right side panel has an added passageway to aid in cooling the silencer
- Black plastic covers, triple clamps, number plates, and engine covers
- Rims are coated in black alumite –just like the factory racers
- New seat design that's slimmer with firmer urethane for improved ergonomics and feel
- Seat has a slip-resistant top surface for good grip when seated and smooth sides for excellent rider mobility
Monster Energy Edition
- Special Monster Energy graphics
- All-new special black plastic bodywork and green hubs compliment Monster Energy graphics
- Larger front brake lever boot offers increased protection against dust
- Clutch cable boot features a large quick adjuster, for easy clutch cable play adjustment on the fly
- Throttle grip has a one-piece collar that provides additional stability during throttle operation
- Lightweight short-length grips feature a pattern designed to provide excellent grip
- Rear caliper guard protects the caliper from damage
- Ribless rear hub and butted spokes reduced unsprung weight
- Engine: Four-stroke single with DOHC and four valves
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 53.6mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin FCR37 and hot start circuit
- Compression ratio: 13.2:1
- Ignition: Digital CDI with K-TRIC throttle position sensor
- Transmission: Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: Aluminum perimeter
- Rake / trail: 27.7 ° / 4.8 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 47mm inverted twin-chamber telescopic fork with 16-way compression and rebound damping / 12.4 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® linkage system with 13-way low-speed and 2-turn high-speed compression damping, 17-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 12.2 in.
- Front tire: 80/100-21
- Rear tire: 100/90-19
- Front brake: Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc with dual piston caliper
- Rear brake: Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Overall length: 85.4 in.
- Overall width: 32.3 in.
- Overall height: 50.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 13.4 in.
- Seat height: 37.6 in.
- Curb weight: 229.9 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Color: Ebony
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke single with DOHC and four valves
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0 x 53.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin FCR37 and hot start circuit
- Digital CDI with K-TRIC throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- 47 mm inverted twin-chamber telescopic fork with 16-way compression and rebound damping; Travel: 12.4 in.
- Front Brakes
- Single semi-floating 250 mm petal disc with dual piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- UNI-TRAK® linkage system with 13-way low-speed and 2-turn high-speed compression damping, 17-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload; Travel: 12.2 in.
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- 229.9 lbs
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 57.9 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in.
- 4.8 in.
- 27.7 °
- Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
- Final Drive