2016 Suzuki Rmz
The RM-Z250 continues to evolve for 2016, delivering a higher level of performance with suspension and frame advancements to improve its already class-leading handling, the addition of Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC), and extensive engine upgrades, bringing over 80 redesigned internal engine parts to the 2016 RM-Z250.
New Features for 2016:
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC)
- KYB PSF2 Front Fork
- KYB Rear Shock
- Refined Engine
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from our factory race bikes. S-HAC helps riders takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. S-HAC was introduced in 2014 RM-Z450, and now a refined version is on the RM-Z250. There are three modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions.
- A-Mode: For hard surfaces or slippery conditions at the starting gate. In this mode, S-HAC alters ignition timing at the moment of launch and the ride over the gate to reduce wheel slip to deliver a smooth take off. It also advances ignition timing during this sequence for stronger acceleration. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first).
- To select A-Mode, hold down the S-HAC button on the left handlebar for more than 0.7 second, then the indicator light will start to slowly flash. Then release the button, the S-HAC is now set in A-Mode
- B-Mode: When conditions at the starting gate have better traction, and a more aggressive launch is desired. S-HAC will advance the ignition timing to allow increased throttle response and stronger acceleration off the line. The ignition timing alternation is in a similar sequence as Mode A, but with increased overall timing. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first).
- To select B-Mode, hold down the S-HAC button on the left handlebar for more than 1.8 seconds, then the indicator light will start to quickly flash. Then release the button, the S-HAC is now set in B-Mode
- Base Mode: Standard power launch, no action required on the S-HAC switch.
- The S-HAC light also provides fuel injection self-diagnostic indication plus engine run time codes.
- New design KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring front fork uses air chambers in place of steel springs for light weight, easy adjustability, improved damper performance and smooth action from low friction. Riders can adjust both air forks with one balanced air pressure setting from a hand-pump. Compression damping is adjustable while rebound damping force is both high- and low-speed adjustable.
- New design KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body.
- The RM-Z250s 249cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine has been refined so mid-range power and torque is enhanced while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control.
- New piston, piston ping & piston ring improve durability and ring-sealing.
- Reduced crankshaft inertia, increased magneto inertia to reduce engine braking losses.
- Revised EFI throttle valve angle also reduces engine braking losses.
- Redesigned camshafts and intake valves to widen engine performance.
- Redesigned decompression system for improved starting.
- Redesigned kick drive gear, breather gear & kick idle gear also aids starting.
- Redesigned cam chain tensioner and adjuster to reduce valve train friction.
- Redesigned crankcase for increased lubrication.
- New clutch cover with oil level window.
- New, longer head pipe for enhanced low-to-mid range power.
- Revised muffler meets AMA sound standards.
- The hot-start lever system is not required and is eliminated.
- Redesigned main frame is reduced in weight 2.5% while chassis rigidity has been optimized for improved cornering performance.
- New light weight front brake caliper reduces mass while still providing outstanding stopping force.
- New Dunlop MX52 series tires are used featuring CTCS (Carcass Tension Control System) technology for superb rigidity and high level of grip.
- 249cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine delivers remarkably smooth and controlled idle-to-redline performance
- The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- The piston pin now has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability.
- Designed for motocross-use, the lightweight, battery-less, electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage delivers efficient power. A 12-hole fuel injector sprays a fine fuel/air mist for efficient combustion.
- For quick fuel adjustments to suit riding conditions, two couplers are provided. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Riders can change fuel settings in seconds by simply connecting either coupler to the wire harness.
- Cooling performance is efficient with balanced flow between the left and right radiators, and a high capacity coolant pump.
- Well-designed 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation. The gear selection feel and accuracy is the result refined shift cam and shift lever. Specialized machining processes ensure the precision of the matching gears.
- Slim chassis design creates a trim riding position, allowing the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Aluminum fuel tank provides sound foundation and cooling for the internal EFI fuel pump. Fuel capacity is 6.5L (1.7 US gal.).
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to EXCEL aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes.
- The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration more than conventional aluminum handlebars.
- Bright Champion Yellow bodywork with race team-inspired graphics package.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns, aids rider control
- Engine: 249cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm (3.0 in.) x 53.6mm (2.1 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 13.75:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel injection
- Starter: Primary kick
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID520DMA4, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.5 L (1.7 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- Ignition: Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Overall Length: 2170 mm (85.4 in.)
- Overall Width: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1475 mm (58.1 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 345 mm (13.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- Curb Weight: 106.0 kg (234 lb.)
- Warranty: No Warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.0 x 2.1 in. (77.0 x 53.6mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel injection
- Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 234 lb. (106.0 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.7 US gal. (6.5 L)
- 58.1 in. (1475 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 13.6 in. (345 mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in. (955 mm)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID520DMA4, 114 links
- Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- No Warranty